
Mia's referral pictures. Soon I will post referral pictures of her little brother. Yeah.

I met with my social worker yesterday to update all my paperwork for the 2nd adoption. Because the process is taking more than a year, everything is expiring, so it all needs to be redone. This includes fingerprints, DMV record, TB tests and physicals for both Mia and me, CPR/1st Aide, and a social worker's recommendation. Ugh!
The exciting news is that the wait is coming to an end. My dossier was sent to Ethiopia March 13th of last year, and I am told to expect a referral before the year is up. It now takes three solid months before visas, passports, and other paperwork in Ethiopia can be completed. So, we will probably travel in June to pick him up.
Let's keep our fingers crossed that nothing else will change in the meantime.
4 comments:
Holy cow! Whoo Hoo! I'm still behind you, Kim! Will you take Mia back with you?
PS: I meant behind you in my own process, but hey, I am behind you as a supporter, too :)
Hey Kim, you are so sweet! Thanks for all your nice comments. We missed on Wed due to a very feverish Meris. Oh well. We went to Little Ethiopia over the weekend in LA and had a blast!!
Post a Comment